The training is intended for airport or ground staff and security staff involved in the screening of hand baggage, hold baggage, air cargo and air mail. The training is in accordance with IATA DGR – section 1.5 and in accordance with function 7.10 in IATA Dangerous Goods Training Guidance.
The training was previously known as DG Training Category 12 Security Personnel.
The main topics covered during this course are:
- The basic concepts of the transport of dangerous goods by air.
- Recognition of hazardous substances (labels and labelling).
- Identifying prohibited and hidden dangerous goods.
- Checking hand baggage, hold baggage, air cargo and air mail for prohibited dangerous goods.
- Basic rules for the carriage of cargo and baggage on board an aircraft.
- Reporting accidents involving hazardous substances and undeclared hazardous substances.
IATA category: 7.10
Duration of the training: 1.5 hours on average
Admission requirements: this course has no admission requirements, other than a reasonable command of the Dutch language.
The price for this course is € 75,- excl. VAT. VAT per person. After successfully completing the training, the student will receive a certificate.
Valid for: 24 months.
This training has been developed by PMT and is based on the training requirements of the ICAO Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air and the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.
PMT is a training and examination institute recognised by the Minister of Infrastructure and Water Management and the International Air Transport Association (IATA). PMT is also certified by IATA as a Competency Based Training and Assessment provider.
PMT also provides this training in the classroom as an “in-company” (at your location). If you are interested in the possibilities, please let us know via email@example.com.