The training is intended for employees responsible for accepting passenger and crew baggage, managing aircraft boarding areas and other functions involving direct contact with passengers at an airport. The training is in accordance with IATA DGR – section 1.5 and in accordance with function 7.5 in IATA Dangerous Goods Training Guidance.
The program was previously known as DG Training Category 9.
The main topics covered during this course are:
- the basic concepts of the transport of dangerous goods by air;
- the identification of hazardous substances (labels and labelling);
- identification of prohibited and concealed dangerous goods;
- applying the rules of the airport and the airline(s) when accepting baggage;
- reporting accidents involving dangerous substances and undeclared hazardous substances.
IATA category: 7.5
Duration of the training:
- 1.5 hours on average
Admission requirements: this course has no admission requirements, other than a reasonable command of the English language.
The price for this course is € 75,- excl. VAT per person. After successfully completing the training, the student will receive a certificate.
Valid for: 24 months.
This training has been developed by PMT and is based on the training requirements of the ICAO Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air and the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.
PMT is a training and examination institute recognized by the Minister of Infrastructure and Water Management and the International Air Transport Association (IATA). PMT is also certified by IATA as a competency Based Training and Assessment provider.
PMT also provides this training in the classroom as an “in-company” (at your location). If you are interested in the options, please let us know via email@example.com.