Objective: Familiarise the participants with cargo doors and cargo holds of various aircraft types. On request, the course can be extended with a practical training focusing on the independent loading and unloading of a Boeing 747. The trainee is able to operate an 'in-plane' system independently.
Target group: The training is intended for personnel in charge of Air Transport.
Previous education: MBO 1 level.
Education level: MBO 2.
Course content: The emphasis is on the Boeing and Airbus aircraft types, supplemented by other non-regular visitors (aircraft) to military airfields in the Netherlands.
Topics to be covered:
- Opening and closing of cargo doors of the aircraft types Boeing 747, lower deck and main deck, Airbus and Boeing 737 will be discussed.
- General safety aspects, access, behaviour and traffic rules on the apron;
- Opening and closing various belly doors of the Boeing and Airbus;
- specific characteristics of the various load compartments;
- loading and unloading procedures;
Extension of course content: if required, the training can be extended to include the practical operation of the Boeing's in-plane system.
- operation of in-plane systems: lock positions, configurations, restrictions and emergency control.
The practical training means that students, together with an instructor, will handle a number of flights at Schiphol (or another eligible airport) in practice. An average of 6 flights per day will be handled.
The training concludes with a test in which the practical assignment determines 70% of the final score and the theory part determines 30% of the final score. Beforehand, a theory test must be completed, after which the mistakes made will return as a subject in the practical assignment.
Certificate validity is 6 months.
The training language is Dutch.
Course group: maximum number of participants per group is 2.
Course duration: basic course 1 day, extension with in-lane practice additionally 4 days (1 day part theory and 3.5 days practice).